Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Getting Started

I'm working with Meg and Jess on a documentary focusing on the effects of "perfectionist culture" on college students. We're trying to discover the different ways students try to deal with the stress of thinking they'll never be good enough. 
So far I've put up a Craigslist casting call. I've only gotten one response since, and a bunch of spam, but I'm hoping as we go along it'll be a helpful tool for finding people. I've been putting the word out among friends, who will hopefully spread my email around to persepctive interviewees.
I'm excited to see where this documentary will go. I think it's an interesting topic, especially with the globalized economy the way it is. Graduates aren't just competing against other students from their country, they're competing with graduates from China, the UK, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment